Szkoła Polska w San Diego strives to be a resource and a nucleus of support for Polish speaking families in San Diego County and to impart to the students an appreciation for the Polish heritage. Our school’s mission is to create an ideal academic, cultural, and social experience for our children as they study the Polish language and learn about the Polish culture.
SPSD operates as a California non-profit corporation and welcomes tax-deductible donations. School details:
• Activities are held at Kroc Center classrooms at 6605 University Avenue San Diego 92115 , and they take place on 30 indicated Saturdays per year for 2 hours per day 10:15am - 12:15pm.
• Begins in September on the first Saturday after Labor Day weekend, and it ends in late May or early June (please check the calendar).
• Children are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Activities are conducted by independent contractors and volunteers.
• Management consists of a board of directors.
• SPSD offers Polish as a Native Language classes to children ages 3-14.
In some years, it there is enough interest and space available, we will consider offering Polish as a Second Language classes (please ask).
• Admission to SPSD and final placement in class level will be based upon each child’s age, his or her language skills, and emotional and social readiness.
• In order to be admitted to our preschool, each child must:
(NOTE: If a child doesn’t prove to be ready to be left in class without a parent, parents may withdraw him or her within the first four Saturdays with a refund minus the $50 registration fee and the amount owed for those Saturdays the child attended. The House of Poland membership and the textbooks/study materials fee cannot be refunded. Any textbooks that have been purchased so far are the child’s property.)
• In order to be admitted to our K-3 classes, each child must participate in an oral placement assessment conducted by the program coordinator or a teacher who will determine whether the child is able to understand and use Polish at a level required for a particular age group
• Admission to the SPSD is regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, and religion.
• SPSD is open only to children of members of the House of Poland (for insurance reasons). Members must purchase the House of Poland annual membership, which is $20 per adult. New members must pay the membership fee at the time of registration, and returning members must pay on the first day of school in January of every following year with a separate check made payable to the House of Poland.
Tuition is as follows:
(NOTE: No refund will be given for missed school days regardless of the reason for absence.)
• SPSD Instructors are responsible for planning and providing lessons or finding and instructing a substitute. They are not responsible for supervising students before and after class.
• SPSD reserves the right to deny classes to a child who is sick.
• SPSD reserves the right to expel any child who disrupts instruction or endangers the health, peace, safety, or well-being of anyone in the program.
• In case of a life-threatening emergency, the SPSD staff is responsible for calling 911 and notifying the parents.
• Parents are responsible for dropping off the children to and picking them up from the classrooms in a timely manner.
• Parents are responsible for supervising their children outside the classroom at all times.
• Parents are responsible for providing water and a snack for each child and deciding whether he or she needs sunscreen.
Contact us at email@example.com